Fortech's main aim is focused on testing new ideas in materials and technology and gradual optimization and connection of processes which will lead to attaining excellent material properties or effective unconventional technologies.
- Creation of material-technology models for highly complex dynamic forming processes
- Attaining excellent combinations of mechanical properties of multiphase steels using controlled microstructure development
- Preparation of processing technologies for hard to form materials
- Reducing energy and time demands of thermomechanical processes
- Optimisation and development of thixoforming technology for small components
- Development of new technologies for hydroforming in the field of rapid prototyping and hydrojoining
- Developing alternative ways of connecting high strength materials via forming techniques